Today you are going to jump right into the exciting world of color theory and realize how important it is to color analysis. You will learn how to translate and communicate the technical terms into easy, everyday language for your client.
- Define common color terms such as temperature, value and value contrast and intensity
- Define color qualities, harmonies and harmony patterns
- Evaluate color swatches for their temperature, value and intensity
- Learn how to apply color theory to clients
- Distinguish skin, hair and eye color properties
- Practice methods of draping clients
- Practice and role-play
- Evaluate components of color psychology
Fundamentals of Color Analysis
We continue with color training but now we dive deeper into color analysis. Today you will learn the basics of conducting an analysis on real people. You will determine personal color patterns and how to recommend a color palette and wardrobe choices for your clients. After this session you must continue to train your eye with lots of practice!
- Identify ways to analyze cool and warm skin, hair and eyes
- Determine the value and value contrast of a person’s coloring
- Recognize the level of intensity in human color patterns
- Identify an eight-concept color analysis system
- Discuss more complex color analysis methods
- Practice and role-play
Style Analysis & Fashion Styling
As an image consultant, you must be able to determine your clients’ personal style preferences. This is the psychological aspect of image consulting which requires an intuitive approach and the technical skills of style-building which will help you design and shop for your clients’ life-style, wardrobe choices and career goals.
- Compare fashion and style personalities with universal style preferences
- Determine the value and value contrast of a person’s coloring
- Identify the psychological elements of style preferences and how to help a client change her style
- Analyze the components to build a style
- Compare fashion styling and image styling
- Start a portfolio of examples
Body, Line & Figure Analysis
In this session you learn the correct fit for all standard and non-standard body shapes, techniques to overcome figure challenges and principles to adjust proportion. You will learn how to help your clients adapt current trends to their body shape and scale.
- Identify terms from fashion design, the psychology of perception and garment construction relevant to image consulting
- Measure and analyze female shapes and bone structure
- Compare the techniques of proportion and silhouette to the overall height and body sections
- Apply principles of fit to the shape, proportion and curves of the body
- Identify and suggest solutions to common figure challenges within current fashion trends
As an image consultant you may need to critique, advise or apply makeup. Using color theory you will learn blending and corrective techniques for a business day makeup along with skin care essentials.
- Identify the six major steps in skin care and pre-makeup application
- Apply the appropriate foundation for their skin and undertone
- Apply a simple cost and time effective makeup
- Practice blending and corrective techniques if necessary
Advanced Image Principles
Today you will learn the proportions of the face, the bone structure, scale, line, direction and other advanced design principles to help your client with her most flattering styles, accessories, fabrics and hairstyle. This information sets you apart as an expert in your field, distinct from those who have not received this level of information.
- Identify terms such as balance, harmony, rhythm, contrast, character, texture and scale
- Apply these terms to the human body, facial features, hair and skin type, bone structure and personality
- Practice and role-play, using these principles as a basis to critique outfits
Communication is key. You have to be able critique clients constructively, based on educational principles. Learn professional communication techniques and how to address difficult situations.
- Identify a critiquing model to address an individual
- Practice personal critiques and consulting techniques
- Identify appropriate image terms to critique a client
- Simplify ways to communicate complex technical concepts of image and design
- Identify the questions to ask a client to achieve a desired result
Learn from an expert how to look for a stylist and how to advise a client on an appropriate salon. You will also learn the language to use from an image standpoint to suggest a change of style.
- Identify some current hairstyling terms and products
- Learn how to work effectively between the client and the hairstylist
- Identify different hair types
- Identify pitfalls and appropriate uses of cutting, perms, relaxants, and color
- Identify basic critiquing skills
Wardrobe Consultations & Organization
Today you learn the rules of cost and time effective wardrobe organization. Learn how to mix and match fabrics, styles, colors and textures. You will practice techniques to create a wardrobe that works for your client’s needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Develop strategies, procedures and practices to consult with a client
- Identify strategies, tips and techniques to organize a wardrobe
- Evaluate possible ways to alter and update garments
- Create new outfits from existing pieces
- Practice styling in the wardrobe
Shopping & Fit Practice
You may be interested in image because you love styling and shopping. Today you will learn how to include shopping as a viable business activity. How do you work with clients taking into account their budget, color palette, style preferences and figure challenges? You will need all the techniques you learned this week and the communication skills to help them make wise choices.
- Select complete outfits for their client
- Identify and practice principles of color analysis and good fit for their client
- Match clothes to style, personality, budget, work environment, lifestyle and figure type to the client
- Identify proven strategies and tactics for cost and time effective personal shopping
- Practice client rapport, ability to work with the client’s needs, listening skills, and the analysis of image issues
This session is all about working with the male client. You will learn the art of working with men and how to identify their particular style. We will cover camouflage and tailoring techniques used to enhance their image and identify the basic types of working dress for men.
- Identify basic communication techniques to work successfully with men
- Identify suit styles, fabrics and ready-to-wear suit construction
- Analyze shirt construction and fabrics
- Identify fit and the basic measurements of menswear
- Practice tie knots and coordination techniques
Practice With Clients
This is the moment when it all comes together and you consult with live clients! Using what you have learned over the week of training you will analyze your client’s color patterns, full body and style. By the end of the consultation you will have solved her top figure challenges, completed a color and style analysis and sent her home with a workbook full of image tips and techniques!
- Analyze the appropriate colors for the client
- Identify the style preferences of the client
- Analyze the body type of the client and advise on best clothing styles
- Make suggestions to solve the client’s figure challenges
- Advise the client on her best accessories and placement
- Answer the clients’ questions
Read what some graduates who have coached with Sarah said…
Sarah’s background & credentials
Sarah Hathorn, the founding CEO of Illustra Consulting and Illustra Business Coaching and creator of the Predictable Promotion™ system, began her image consulting career as an industry pioneer and innovator. Sarah is one of the first and only image and brand consultants in the world, for example, to enter the profession with a background as a senior level executive in the fashion industry.
She spent more than 25 years in that role at Macy’s, a Fortune 100 company, were she was responsible for developing leaders at all levels of the organization. Many of her protégés are now in top-level executive positions for Macy’s and other major corporations, so she has the hands-on experience and skills necessary to mentor any motivated high-achiever who wishes to expand her business, attract a more elite clientele, or even grow an independent entrepreneurial empire.
Sarah works primarily with Fortune 500 leaders but also offers her intensive mentoring and coaching programs to fellow image and brand professionals as a way to pursue her own personal passion while helping to empower those within her own business community and industry niche.
- Achieved CIM (Certified Image Master) status in record time
- Achieved CIP (Certified Image Professional) status in record time
- Master Trainer of Image Consulting and Corporate Professional Development, London Image Institute & ImageAsia®
- Certified Color Analyst, Sci-Art Company
- Professional Keynote Speaker for the National Speakers Association
- Certified Personal Brand Strategist, Reach
- Certified 360º Reach Analyst, Reach
- Certified Online Identity Strategist, Reach.
- International Corporate Professional Development Program Leader
- Former President of the Atlanta Chapter of Association of Image Consultants International
- Guest Speaker at the Linkage Women In Leadership Global Summit October 2010
- 2008-2009 Alumni, Leadership Gwinnett Program
- 1997-1998 Graduate, Federated Leadership Institute
- BA in Business Administration – Otterbein University
BEGIN YOUR TRAINING NOW
Are you ready to begin your training at the London Image Institute? Do you have more questions? Get answers to some of our more frequently asked questions here FAQ page.
Are you a military spouse? The Department of Defense has a program that will allow you to get help for your training. Click here for more information.
Call (404) 255-0009 TO START YOUR TRAINING